something special  


Everyone here knows I love my salsa and the hombre Matt "Regulator" Smith while on holiday up in Queensland last week came across this spectacular gift for the mexican. Outstanding! The visual says it all...

Gracias Smitty!

Me persigno y le entro a la botella!

felicidades mi amor  


Thinking back to where we were a year ago from today... so much has changed. And I want to celebrate this the day that you, the one who changed my life came to this world.

Gracias por existir!

I hope to enjoy every moment I can with you in this coming year. Happy birthday hermosa. Te amo

my gorgeous wife...  

Posted is still her face that captivates me every time I see her. :)

As much as she may disagree I believe she truly does have a motherly glow to her, even if she may claim that this glow is only caused by extra blood rushing to her head (one of those pg factoids). What is more, I dare say that the twinkle in her eye has something to do with the thoughts that run through her head every time she looks my way. It's good to be me.

I love you baby

fatherhood, baby names and more being away  


Fatherhood: The Truth is the title of the Marcus Berkmann book I finished reading last week. It was delightfully humorous and quite informative. Although I must say that thanks to Amber's diligent research I was already aware of a good 70 percent of the interesting factoids regarding pregnancy, the other 30% of new info made it worth the read.

The thought of becoming a father in the not too distant future still puts a smile on my face. We have been having a hard time agreeing on a name with me wanting an Aztec or Mayan one (all of my choices have been rejected on the grounds that none of the western relatives would be able to pronounce them) and she wanting to name him something to do with native american indian heritage.... the problem is one of the only options that I like sounds like a US state. This baby name business is more work than I thought and so far my super powers of persuasion have been coming up short... Amber laughs at my attempts to convince her that awesome manly Aztec names such as Tenoch are befitting for a little Luna. Ya veremos.

I have only been back a few weeks and am getting ready to again be gone for over a month... so if it gets quieter in here than it has been as of late, well at least you'll know why. I will miss Amber so very much and will most likely be once again astonished at how much the belly will have grown.

Feilcidades a Esther por tener la primera nieta en la familia! Un abrazo a todos en Mexico.